Inner Thoughts of Hope in God
On January 16, 2012, I was a high school teacher, an active partner with my husband in ministry, and a passionate pursuer of God's goodness in my life through daily prayer and scripture. It also happened to be Martin Luther King Day. Perhaps, I was probably much more reflective than usual. I was filled with hope, faith, and courage. Here is a journal entry I made that day. It is the realization of God's goodness and watch care over my life. It's a blend of prayer and uplifting inner thoughts. I want to remember and share this powerful inner dialogue because it's so deeply comforting. I sincerely hope it will be comforting to you as well.
"I praise Your name for who You are, a God of justice, compassion, loving-kindness, and righteousness.You are the Lord God of all flesh, there is nothing too hard for You.Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light."Jesus Christ causes me to triumph in all things.I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.My weakness is okay to have because God's strength is made perfect in my weakness.He gives us all sufficiency for every good work.If He has called me to do something, He will see me through until completionHe will give me the ability to do whatever it is:Teach well, learn well, organize my time well, be courageous through difficult character growthHe will stretch me, build my faith, and come through for me every time"Oh Lord, You are strong, You quiet my fears because You're trustworthy.You never fail, You're always on time.I have nothing to fear because You are on my side.The Lord is my light and my salvation, in whom shall I fear?I trust not in my own strength, but in God's strength.Deliver me from the hand of the enemy.Victory is already mine! Satan is a defeated foe.I am a new creature in Christ Jesus.The victory has been won, there is no need to fear.Because of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice, I have a new life.Thank you for this new life. A clean slate.Renew my mind, heal me.Your Holy Spirit is allowed to convict me each time I'm tempted to distract and get off task... May I be drawn toward your goodness...Comfort my soul with truth. The truth is: My feelings lie, God is my light and salvation so there is nothing to fear.
Comments
Post a Comment